As the book pages of major newspapers wither and die, blogs have stepped up as both a way for authors to update readers about their work and also to get reviews and other mentions of their books out into the world. Other blogs I check regularly include:
- D.B. Scott's Canadian Magazines Blog, which keeps me and other magaholics in the loop about industry news and gossip
- Book Addiction, whose mystery author (hi, Richard!) lists his recent book-buying sprees (guided by his taste in environmental literature) with handy mini-reviews and annotations
- Leeward Press, home to Chad Fraser, a kayak enthusiast and fellow author out East
- Green Tenant, a great idea for a blog by a buddy in Toronto: ecological resources for renters
- And last but not least, Life with Two, the blog on TodaysParent.com written by my wife...to find out what I most recently did wrong, plus remind myself how cute our kids are when I'm travelling.